There are so many headphones in the market today with different levels of sound quality, price range, performance, design and overall listening experience. Some consumers are content with just a basic set of headphones, you know, the typical “anything will do” type. However, for those who are very particular with the brand and type of headphones they are using, they have very specific expectations when it comes to a product and want to get the best value out of their money.
If you’re one of those consumers who are looking for the best open back headphones in the market, this article will guide you in browsing through the cream of the crop. Legit audiophiles know that every single detail, no matter how minor, counts in the overall quality performance of headphones.
Open back headphones are designed to give its users an immersive listening experience and lower the level of isolation between the users and the surroundings. These gears can also provide a spacious and wide soundstage to make its users feel like they are listening to speakers in a room rather than from headphones.
Additionally, open back headphones tend to lack some features that may be considered as a staple in most headphones, like having a wireless design or having a microphone, which is quite of a big blow in terms of versatility. Open back headphones may not be so versatile but if you’re simply looking for a great audio experience from a set of headphones, these gears can definitely deliver.
Before delving deeper into details with the best open back headphones, we may need to answer two of the most common questions asked by the newbies – what are closed-back headphones and what are open back headphones?
Table of Contents
- What’s The Difference Between Closed Back Headphones and Open Back Headphones?
- Best Open Back Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-990
- Best Open Back Headphones: AKG K 701
- Best Open Back Headphones: Sennheiser HD 600
- Best Open Back Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-AD700
- Best Open Back Headphones: Shure SRH1840
- Best Open Back Headphones: Sony MDR MA900
- Best Open Back Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-R70x
- Best Open Back Headphones: HiFiMan HE-400
- Best Open Back Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1
- Best Open Back Headphones: AKG K 240 MKII
- Best Open Back Headphones: Astro A40 TR Headset MixAmp Pro 2019
- Best Open Back Headphones: Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee
- Best Budget Open Back Headphones: Philips SHP9500
- How Much Should I Spend on Headphones?